Light and shade
“I can see gang members in the police cells, and it’s never really a problem as long as you treat everyone with respect."Dr Tom James
Like many others before him, GP Tom James came to Gisborne for “blue skies, sunshine, beaches and lifestyle factors”.
That was in 1994, and he has been here ever since. But as a police medical officer, Dr James gets to see another side of Gisborne life, existing just beneath the postcard image.
It’s light and shade, he says.
“But I think a community that hasn’t got a dark surface is one that you don’t know very well.” Read the full article.
- 14 July 2017 Three Rivers Medical bucks national trend with three permanent GPs
- 20 June 2017 Light and shade
- 31 March 2017 Three Rivers GP part of groundbreaking diet research
- 7 March 2017 Really sick patients get help navigating health care system
- 8 December 2016 GBHS artist has work purchased by Three Rivers
- 8 November 2016 Carpark Masterchef
- 4 November 2016 Tame the flame at today's Cook Off
- 3 November 2016 Yellow fever vaccine now available in Gisborne
- 12 September 2016 Love your bones, protect your future
- 28 July 2016 Eke Tū: Gym instructor tackling invisible epidemic
- 1 April 2016 Winter is here!
- 8 August 2015 Gout no laughing matter